This was one of those recipes that came about because of pure laziness on my part. It was a Saturday afternoon. I was starving. M wasn’t home. It was hot outside, and I just didn’t want to leave the house. So I started digging through my mom’s fridge and cabinets and threw this together. Luckily it ended up being pretty tasty! It reminds me a little of my favorite potato soup, but this is much quicker to throw together.
Smashed Yukon Gold Potatoes
- 4 yukon gold potatoes
- 12 ounces chicken broth
- 1/4 of an onion, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup shredded mozerellla cheese
- sprinkle of parmesan (to taste)
- 4 slices of bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Wash potatoes and cut into 4ths (no need to peel – hurray!)
- Place potatoes in a medium saucepan. Add chopped onions. Add chicken broth and salt to taste. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Cook potatoes for 20 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Drain most of the liquid. Mash potatoes with potato masher. Add more salt if necessary. Add the cheeses and butter. Stir in until melted. Add crumbled bacon.
- Eat with happiness knowing you didn’t have to peel potatoes and you are still in your pjs. It’s Saturday after all