It has been a stressful and rough few weeks for me anxiety wise, and I just haven’t been myself. I am not saying this to complain or make excuses. I just wanted to share something that gave me encouragement in the midst of all the crazy. In the Ladies’ Bible class I’m in at church right now, we are studying a book by Wendell Winkler called Heart Diseases and Their Cure. This week’s lesson is on “Overcoming Doubt, Disbelief, and Distrust.” It’s just what I needed to study. Unfortunately I had to miss class Sunday morning due to feeling crummy, but I studied the lesson at home. I’m looking forward to tonight’s class to study it with Godly Christian women.
One passage in the lesson was extremely relevant to me right now. It gave me strength and the encouragement I needed, so I thought I would share it.
These ideas and the words in quotations are not my own. They are from Wendell Winkler’s Lesson book called Heart Diseases and Their Cure. However, I agree with his list. I highly recommend this book to any who would like to study it!
Brother Winkler writes about how every person should have a set of personal convictions based on the Bible. This is the list he gave of personal convictions and some related scripture.
- “I believe that God is.” – Hebrews 11:6, John 14:1-6
- “I believe that Christ is His Son and that He is my Saviour” 1 John 4:14
- “I believe the Bible is verbally inspired and is my one and only unerring guide to life and heaven.” 2 Timothy 3:16-17
- “I believe that God has one church, that salvation can only be enjoyed in it, and that I am a member of it.” Matthew 16:18, Ephesians 5:23
- “I believe that there is a real heaven to gain and a real hell to shun, and that I am going to heaven when I die.” Matthew 25:46, I Corinthians 5:1ff
- “I believe that I have a real purpose in being created and that it is to glorify God.” 1 Corinthians 10:31
- “I believe in the inherent goodness of man and in the ultimate triumph of good.” Psalm 27:13-14, Luke 8:15, Romans 8:28
- “I believe that God hears me when I pray, in HIs providence provides for me, and in HIs goodness will fulfill His every promise.” 1 Peter 3:12, Romans 8:28, 2 Peter 3:9
I hope this list has strengthened your convictions like it did mine. My faith is something I don’t want to ever let go of. I want to serve and glorify God and put all my trust in Him!