One of my earliest memories is eating freshly picked strawberries at the river camp where my grandparents live now. My grandmother always poured me lots of sugar to dip the berries in. Sweet, delicious strawberries taste like Spring Time to me.
To make this pie, I had to make a huge mess first. It wasn’t intentional. This pie was going to include pink lemonade before I spilt it all over the kitchen. So a five minute pie turned into a night of mopping the floors, washing the cabinets, washing out the cooking utensil drawer, and washing everything that was in that drawer.
This is what the drawer looked like after taking everything out:
I never claimed to be graceful. Thankfully, the pie was yummy without the lemonade. I love the pretty pink color. This would be great for Easter!
Here’s how to make it:
- 1 graham cracker crust
- 1 package of cream cheese
- 1 8 ounce package of Cool Whip (thawed)
- 1 package of strawberries, washed and with the stems cut off
1. Place the strawberries in a ziplock bag. Using a potato masher or a rolling pin, mash all the strawberries.
2. Cream together the cool whip and cream cheese. Add the strawberries with their juices and mix well. Put mixture Into pie shell and freeze.