A few weeks ago, I started this little mini series on 1 Corithians 13:13. I had good intentions for posting for several Wednesdays on the row on the verse. As you can see, it didn’t happen. I must hang my head sheepishly and admit I let the business of life get in the way of continuing. It’s back this week though! If you want to catch up, you can find the first two posts here and here.
“And now abide faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love.” 1 Corinthians 13:13
What is faith? Hebrews 11:1 states, “Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.” (NKJV). Faith is important for Christians. Faith is our belief in God and His Word, but it is also so much more than that.
These are some characteristics of Faith.
- Faith is a necessity. Hebrews 11:6
- Faith comes from God’s Word. Romans 10:17
- Our faith is in God. Mark 11:22
- Faith is active. Faith must be coupled with works. James 2:14-26
- We are to live by faith. Romans 1:17
- Faithfulness is a requirement of stewards 1 Corinthians 4:2
In many ways, faith is a way of life. Because we have faith in God, we act on our faith and do our best to live for Him. I’m thankful today that God gives us the opportunity to love, obey, and serve Him!