One of my favorite hymns is “Count Your Many Blessings”. I don’t think that’s the official title of the song, but that’s what I call it, anyway. I’ve been making an effort to be more positive lately and really concentrate on being thankful. The honest truth is, I have no business complaining when God has blessed me so abundantly. I thought I would record some of the blessings I’ve been thankful for lately and share them here. What better way to end a Monday?
I’m thankful for…(In no particular order)
- Summer thundershowers – Even though the sound of thunder makes my stomach queasy, we need the rain
- The fact that Mama is helping me out by binding a quilt I really need to get done ASAP. She’s still out of school for the summer, and she’s giving her precious free time to help me. It’s the largest quilt I’ve ever done, and it took me a whole lot longer to quilt than I thought. She’s freeing up some time for me to focus on other things this week.
- Spending time with friends. We had friends over to eat and watch the Olympics last Thursday night. When they left I was just so thankful they could come and we could spend time together. It made me realize that we should do that more often!
- Kayla!! My bff and her husband flew into Huntsville from Boston last Friday and we got to meet for lunch before they drove to meet her family. I hadn’t seen Kayla and Kalen since their wedding last summer. Email and Google chat are great, but there’s nothing like some in person time to catch up and talk forever with people you love. It reminded me of mine and Kayla’s lunches & dinners together in Tuscaloosa. I miss her already.
- Bailey & Charlie not being mean to our guests. Bailey in particular can be a little diva puppy at times.
- For M cleaning the bathrooms AND vacuuming and steam mopping the entire house last week. He moved furniture and everything to make sure the house was as dust bunny free as possible. He’s my hero!
- Story and writing ideas that swim around my brain patiently waiting until I can get them down on paper.
- My cousin Cody who also happens to be one of M’s closest friends. I’m so happy he’s now officially attending our church after visiting for a while.
What are you grateful for today?