My sweet friend Sara from This Southern Mom nominated me for a Versatile blogger award. Sara just started blogging again with a new name and spiffy new layout, and I always look forward to her posts. Plus, she recently PAINTED her kitchen counters – pretty amazing. Go check it out!
I’m going to be a rule breaker today. I received and fully accepted this award a couple years ago, but I wanted to acknowledge this in some way. Thanks, Sara! Instead of doing the full acceptance, I thought I would just share some random facts and favorite blog reads. It’s been a while since I’ve done either.
1. We are a dachshund family. There’s just something about them. My parents have Shoalie and Lula. Laura and Wes have Betty Jo. We have Bailey and that silly Charlie in the photo above.
2. The only reason I wear glasses is because of an astigmatism. My eyesight is actually normal otherwise. The glasses help with the terrible headaches I get from reading and staring at a computer screen all day.
3. I am a technical writer. I can’t remember if I’ve shared that before.
4. I have always thought it would be fun to design stationery or open my own pen and paper store.
5. I love ice cream. Other than actual homemade, my favorite is Blue Bell Homemade Vanilla.
6. I once got to meet Harper Lee! This probably deserves it’s own post one day, but it was one of the most memorable experiences of my life. To Kill a Mockingbird is one of my favorite books.
7. John 14 is my favorite chapter in the New Testament.
I love reading blogs and finding new blogs to follow. My new Feedly account has quickly filled up. These are some of my favorites:
1. Blue Eyed Bride
Erin is so honest in her writing and impresses me post after post.
2. Lamberts Lately
Leslie is a fellow Bama fan and Alabama blogger. She has an adorable daughter who just turned 1!
3. Loved & Lovely
Ryan is expecting her first child any day. I’ve loved all her posts on getting ready for motherhood.
4. The Heart of Hannah
I actually just found Hannah’s blog this week because someone shared one of her posts on Facebook. It has quickly become a favorite.
5. 12450 Miles
I love Christine’s photography, design, and stories about Spencer!
6. Chasing Big Dreams
This is also a newish read for me. Carrie has such a cute blog, and I love her focus on encouraging others.
7. Kelly’s Korner
Who doesn’t love Kelly’s blog? She’s amazing!
I could go on and on, so I may have to do a favorite reads part 2 post soon. The great thing about blogging is that there is always someone to learn from!
What are your favorite reads?