1. This little cutie turned 2 yesterday! Does that mean I have to stop calling her a puppy? I hope not. She’s still a total Mama’s girl. Sometimes it’s hard to take a good photo of her because she is always right beside me when I’m home. I love it though!
2. There are so many things I need and want to get done. So, I’m trying to limit the time I spend on social media for now. Sometimes I just need a break. We’ll see how long I actually stick to it.
3. I start my Christmas baking tonight, and our first family celebration is tomorrow night. I’m getting so excited about all the family time coming up!
It’s been a while since I dedicated an entire post to photos of Bailey and Charlie. Our puppies are getting so big. Charlie had her surgery last week. Thankfully, she is doing just fine!
Charlie's new thing is hiding her eyes with a toy while she naps.
Almost as soon as I picked her up from the vet, Charlie was begging for a treat.
Bailey being sweet and letting Charlie rest because she didn't feel well.
Bailey working on her tan
Hi lovely readers. I was all set to start a new mini series today, but I couldn’t do that first post justice. I’m feeling a bit under the weather and am in a sinus crud fog. So I thought instead I would share a photo of Bailey. Our first child. A mama’s girl. A bit of a princess. Our sweet, sweet puppy.
1. The theme of our New Year celebration was Dominoes. On Friday night, we went to my grandparents’ house to play Dominoes. I didn’t feel very well, so I just helped M for a couple of rounds then went to take a nap. On New Years Eve, we got together with some of my cousins to play again. This is the second year in a row we have done this. We had a blast. I think we should have more “just cousins” get togethers throughout the year!
2. Instagram is my new obsession.
- It’s my baby in a baby bed!
3. Bailey is terrified of all dogs except for dachshunds. I don’t get it. She’s great with my parents’ dogs and my sister’s puppy. When she sees other dogs, she spazzes out and becomes mean and ferocious. How do we get her out of this?
It’s that time of year when you see “Best of” lists everywhere. People weigh in on their favorite movies, books, songs, celebrities, and moments of the year. I am exhausted just from thinking about everything that happened this year in my life. Consider this my personal Highlight Reel for 2011.
1. Bailey and Charlie
2. Being a Bridesmaid (3 times!)
3. Answered prayers
4. Blogging & Writing
5. Visiting new places
6. Anna Karenina – The first book I read in 2011 was also my favorite book I read in 2011.
7. Cooking and baking
8. Creativity – Sewing, Crafting, Decorating, Repurposing
9. New friends
What’s on your highlight reel for 2011?
We just had to dress “our children” up for Halloween. I called Bailey’s costume a “unicorn princess”, because, let’s face it, she can act a little princessy at times. I was THRILLED that we actually had trick-or-treaters this year. So much fun. How did your Halloween go?
On February 12, 2011, M and I brought home a miniature long haired dachshund named Bailey. Bailey is hands-down, the best puppy in the world. During the time we lived with my parents after the tornado, Bailey got to spend every day playing with two other mini dachshunds. When we moved back home last weekend, we were afraid Bailey would be lonely. Since we already had the best puppy in the world, we decided to bring home another best puppy in the world to be a sister and friend to Bailey. On Saturday, September 17, 2011, M and I brought home another miniature long haired dachshund. This puppy’s name is Charlie. How lucky are we – we have the two best puppies in the world!
Without further ado, meet Charlie!
“My new daddy is my favorite human. I love everyone at my new house though and everyone in my new family.”
“Having a heart to heart with my new duckie. Duckie and I became fast friends on our way home yesterday.”
“Toys are fun!”
“It was so nice of Mama to leave her blanket on the couch for me to curl up on when I’m tired of playing. She can never have this blanket back!”
“I’m still getting to know my big sister Bailey, but she’s going to be my bestest friend.”
“Life is good, and I love y’all muches already. Mama says we have amazing family and friends! Talk to you soon.”
Last night we took Bailey to Laura and Westley’s house for the first time. I have always been afraid of how she would act around their lab, Ruger. Ruger was a perfect gentleman, but Bailey wanted nothing to do with him. I think both dogs were more interested in Westley’s birthday cake than anything else! I made Bailey “dress up” for the occasion of her uncle’s birthday. She actually didn’t seem to mind the bow (that) much.
Thanks for having us over for cake and for letting Bailey share in your big day. She sure does love her Aunt Laura and Uncle Wes. And M and I love y’all even more than Bailey does. Happy Birthday Wes! We hope you had a wonderful day