1. The year is halfway over, and I haven’t strayed from my planner once! If you remember, my goal for 2012 is to stick with the same planner for the entire year. This is definitely the longest I’ve gone using the same calendar, and I’m surprised I’m hanging in there!
2. My planner reminded me that today is Flag Day. That made me think about how quickly July 4th is coming. I’m itching to do some patriotic house decorating. Do you decorate for major holidays?
3. Here’s a photo of Bailey. This was taken after her bath Sunday. Her ears are still wet, so that’s why she looks a little raggedy. I just love this little doxie so much! She’s a mama’s girl for sure.
This is the first Three Things Thursday of May 2012. May? Seriously? I can’t believe we are already halfway through the year. These are some random things that came to my mind when I woke up at 4 this morning and couldn’t go back to sleep.
I feel like I spend so much time planning and trying to improve and looking ahead. It’s part of who I am. Sometimes I am afraid that I forget to enjoy the here and now. Last night I had a moment of peace and contentment that was much needed. It made me realize once again just how happy I am with the present! Isn’t being happy wonderful?
(enjoying a moment of peace on my swing)
I’ve been to two jewelry parties and hosted my own jewelry party in the past 3 weeks. My accessories wardrobe has never gotten such a boost before! My cousin recently began selling Guy & Eva jewelry. I hosted a party for her on Saturday, and I can’t wait until my hostess reward jewelry gets here! When it does I will have to write a review post. I love what I have from Guy & Eva so far!
(guy & eva coco necklace)
Because when you wake up at 4 and can’t go back to sleep, you naturally wonder how much coffee you’ll need to make it through the day. I found these Fiestaware Latte cups at Kohls earlier in the week. Most of y’all are well aware of my Fiestaware obsession. I was excite to find big coffee cups! The ones that came with our place settings are too small most of the time.
(Starbucks veranda blend has been my favorite k-cup lately)
Have a wonderful day!
1. First, I would like to thank you all for your words of support and encouragement about my Tuesday post. I do believe I am getting better, but I still have those days where anxiety is worse than normal. I did talk to my doctor/nurse. He gave me the go ahead to start cutting the medicine that has been helping me sleep in half. I am trying that and so far it is working well. It will take me months to get off of both my medicines completely. My checkup is in April, so I will see how things go at that appointment before I make another decision. Thanks for understanding! Please continue to pray for me. Getting back to “normal” is apparently going to be a slow, slow process.
2. Love You Muches now has a Facebook Page. One of my goals is to start posting quilts to sell on there by the end of the year. I will also be posting more photos and status updates on that page. If you’re interested, please “like” the page by clicking here. Thanks in advance!
3. I’m having a giveaway tomorrow … and that’s all I’m going to say about the surprise
1. The theme of our New Year celebration was Dominoes. On Friday night, we went to my grandparents’ house to play Dominoes. I didn’t feel very well, so I just helped M for a couple of rounds then went to take a nap. On New Years Eve, we got together with some of my cousins to play again. This is the second year in a row we have done this. We had a blast. I think we should have more “just cousins” get togethers throughout the year!
2. Instagram is my new obsession.
- It’s my baby in a baby bed!
3. Bailey is terrified of all dogs except for dachshunds. I don’t get it. She’s great with my parents’ dogs and my sister’s puppy. When she sees other dogs, she spazzes out and becomes mean and ferocious. How do we get her out of this?
1. This “Three Things Thursday” thing has officially become a post series. It always seems to work out that I have random things throughout the week that don’t really merit a whole post to themselves. Plus, I do love alliteration.
2. We’ve been doing our 25 Days of Christmas bucket for a week now. We’ve done all sorts of Christmas-y things, but, to be completely honest, they’ve felt a little rushed. We have been too busy lately to take our time and enjoy these things. It seems like they are an afterthought at the end of a long day. Any time spent with my husband is much appreciated. I just hope that things slow down for us to enjoy everything that is still left in the bucket.
3. My phone has a mind of its own. I think it’s got gremlins living inside of it. It freezes up, calls people randomly, drops calls, and does all sorts of other weird things. In 21 days, I am eligible (finally) for an upgrade, but I think I may throw my phone in the river before then. Wish I was exaggerating.
What’s on your mind today?
1. Back in September, I decided I needed to lose weight and eat healthier. I joined Weight Watchers Online and did okay at first, but it all went downhill. I cancelled my subscription and decided to count calories. Apparently I lack motivation and dedication. I weighed myself yesterday for the first time in 3 weeks. I have officially gained 1 pound. Instead of losing weight, I’m 1 pound heavier than I was when I started all this. Looking at the scale, I was crushed. I was expecting it because I knew I hadn’t been doing well in the diet and exercise department. Still though, seeing the number on the scale brought me a huge sense of failure. Time to press the reset button and start all over again. My new wish is to reach my goal weight by Valentine’s Day. Any weight loss tips you have would be much appreciated!
2. Another thing I failed at – NaNoWriMo. November is National Novel Writing Month when you challenge yourself to write a 50,000 word novel in one month.Today is December 1 and I only managed 10,006 words.
3. Now I realize that this post starting to sound really negative. I’m a big believer that life is all about balance. How about something positive for this 3rd Thing. It’s just a photo that makes me smile. I took this photo of Michael and his grandparents on Thanksgiving Day. I love all three of these people very much, and it was great to get to spend the holiday with them.
1. Let it be known now that next year I’m buying a prelit Christmas tree.
2. Bailey and Charlie aren’t sure what to think about all this Christmas decorating. They’ve already wrinkled the tree skirt approximately 2000 times already. I’m almost done with the inside of the house. No decorations yet outside. I can’t wait to post some photos!
and thirdly, and most importantly
3. ROLL TIDE ROLL! It’s Iron Bowl Day…”We have an opponent in this state that we work every day, 365 days a year, to dominate.” Coach Nick Saban