1. I’ve been busy trying to get the outside of the house pretty for Spring & Summer. I’ve already cleaned out the flower bed and planted new flowers. We still need to pressure wash, and some of the flowers aren’t doing well despite watering every day (maybe it’s the cooler weather we’ve had)? Other than that, I’m happy with how the front yard is looking so far. I’m also working on a mini makeover of our back porch. Hopefully I’ll have it done in time to enjoy the rest of Spring.
2. My cousin Allison is now a Scentsy consultant, and my mom had a party for her a couple weekends ago. I love my new warmer! I didn’t realize it would make little hearts on the wall. Bonus!
I also ordered 3 bars from her because I just ran out of the ones I had. This time I got Camu Camu, Paradise Punch, and Sunny & Share. I had such a hard time deciding though. I’m hosting a party for her in June. What are your favorite scents? I need ideas on what to stock up on!
3. In May, I’m going to try to participate in two of the photo challenges on Instagram. I’m sure I won’t post to them every day, but there are some fun prompts. I’m doing the popular #fmsphotoaday and a new one called #isewphotochallenge. If you’re on Instagram, my user name is @bethp146.
1. We’re better now, but M and I have been so sick over the past few weeks. M got sick first and it just never really went away. Then I woke up last Thursday morning with a terribly sore throat. Usually when I go to a walk-in urgent care place to get a shot and antibiotics, I feel better almost immediately. Not this time. This sinus infection was one of the worst I’ve ever had. It was out to get me. I’m just thankful to feel better, now!
2. M randomly asked me to make him a cherry pie. I went back to work Monday and that night I made him his pie. After being sick doing absolutely nothing for 4 days, I needed to do something productive for my sanity’s sake. Plus, M doesn’t often make culinary requests. Truth be told, I usually get frustrated when he doesn’t give me any meal planning input. I wasn’t going to waste this opportunity! It turned out well. I think it was good even though I don’t care that much for cherries. It was my first time to make dough from scratch. Here’s a photo of my pie with ugly crust:
3. Charlie was so sweet that first day I was home sick. She was my shadow all day long. I have two sweet girls!
1. M came home randomly with this cookie cake Tuesday night. It was the second week in a row he had surprised me with something totally unexpected. He’s sweet.
2. Then on Wednesday my mother-in-law sent us a package complete with dark chocolate for me.
3. I pray that I never take for granted the blessing of a sweet and supportive family!
May your Thursday be full of sweetness!
1. This little cutie turned 2 yesterday! Does that mean I have to stop calling her a puppy? I hope not. She’s still a total Mama’s girl. Sometimes it’s hard to take a good photo of her because she is always right beside me when I’m home. I love it though!
2. There are so many things I need and want to get done. So, I’m trying to limit the time I spend on social media for now. Sometimes I just need a break. We’ll see how long I actually stick to it.
3. I start my Christmas baking tonight, and our first family celebration is tomorrow night. I’m getting so excited about all the family time coming up!
(This photo doesn’t have anything to do with this post, but I just love it. I caught Bailey on top of my desk yesterday for no apparent reason.)
1. I’m writing this from the waiting room at the doctor’s office. This is just a recheck, but I have been so sick this week. It started a couple of weeks ago when I got a really bad toothache. There’s been some unimaginable pain with that, but I managed. Then the awful sore throat and fever started. At the dentist Tuesday, I found out my teeth were fine, and the sinus infection was causing the toothache. So weird!
2. Besides being sick, I have so many things causing me stress right now. There’s so much to get done!
3. Our house is a disaster area. I’m running out of clean clothes. Dishes are piled up. I haven’t unpacked from last weekend yet…
1. My throat is a little better today thanks to antibiotic.
2. I don’t have to get a root canal!
3. This too shall pass.
Have a happy and germ free Thursday
1. Meet baby Piper, baby Ty, and baby Aubrey.
2. Three of our friends all had their babies within 24ish hours of each other. Crazy! We have been looking forward to each of these babies arrivals for what seems like forever. Michael and I got to go visit with them Tuesday night and meet the little ones and congratulate the parents and families. All I can say is awwww! What sweet, precious blessings from God. They will have such a cool story to tell of all being in the hospital at the same time. They will have fun playing together and going to church together growing up! We are so happy for these families and know they are all great parents. Oh, there is one more expectant mother from church. Hopefully by the time this posts, she will be close! We can’t wait to meet baby Anderson, either!
3. I’m not even going to mention how wonderful it was to hold these little ones. Or how I want one of my own. Nope, not going to mention it! At least I can have fun spoiling our friends’ babies until the timing is right for us
1. I have been saying for months that it was going to be “all Olympics all the time at our house.” I have been looking forward to watching the games all summer long. Sadly, I missed the first two days due to a busy schedule, but I’m trying to make up for it now. M definitely doesn’t understand my gymnastics obsession.
2. Before Sunday night, I had never seen any of the Batman movies. Fun fact, I’m not really much of a movie person. Since a big group of friends was getting together after church to go see The Dark Night Rises, I went along. I was prepared to hate it or fall asleep. I even wanted to hate it so I could go back to being ignorant about superheroes. Halfway through, my bad attitude changed. I was actually sorta kinda getting into this. I felt like a child discovering something new. My eyes were opened, and now I want to see the other two movies. Sometimes I surprise myself.
3. August already?! I have a ton of sewing to get done this month, and then September kicks off my favorite time of year. The end of 2012 should be exciting around here!
1. Bailey had her spotlight time last week, so it’s Charlie’s turn now! Charlie keeps us smiling. She’s a funny, clumsy, playful, and cute little girl. It’s so funny how my two girls have such different personalities.
2. A friend from work came over last night to help me with a blanket. She brought incredible homemade bread fresh from the oven. So delicious! Thanks, Roxanne for the help and for the bread!
3. We have 3 couches in our living room right now. Someone gave us a leather one they didn’t need anymore. We want to use it in M’s “man cave”, but it doesn’t fit. It’s driving me crazy in my living room. If you’re reading this M, let’s clean out our guest rooms, please?
1. The year is halfway over, and I haven’t strayed from my planner once! If you remember, my goal for 2012 is to stick with the same planner for the entire year. This is definitely the longest I’ve gone using the same calendar, and I’m surprised I’m hanging in there!
2. My planner reminded me that today is Flag Day. That made me think about how quickly July 4th is coming. I’m itching to do some patriotic house decorating. Do you decorate for major holidays?
3. Here’s a photo of Bailey. This was taken after her bath Sunday. Her ears are still wet, so that’s why she looks a little raggedy. I just love this little doxie so much! She’s a mama’s girl for sure.
This is the first Three Things Thursday of May 2012. May? Seriously? I can’t believe we are already halfway through the year. These are some random things that came to my mind when I woke up at 4 this morning and couldn’t go back to sleep.
I feel like I spend so much time planning and trying to improve and looking ahead. It’s part of who I am. Sometimes I am afraid that I forget to enjoy the here and now. Last night I had a moment of peace and contentment that was much needed. It made me realize once again just how happy I am with the present! Isn’t being happy wonderful?
(enjoying a moment of peace on my swing)
I’ve been to two jewelry parties and hosted my own jewelry party in the past 3 weeks. My accessories wardrobe has never gotten such a boost before! My cousin recently began selling Guy & Eva jewelry. I hosted a party for her on Saturday, and I can’t wait until my hostess reward jewelry gets here! When it does I will have to write a review post. I love what I have from Guy & Eva so far!
(guy & eva coco necklace)
Because when you wake up at 4 and can’t go back to sleep, you naturally wonder how much coffee you’ll need to make it through the day. I found these Fiestaware Latte cups at Kohls earlier in the week. Most of y’all are well aware of my Fiestaware obsession. I was excite to find big coffee cups! The ones that came with our place settings are too small most of the time.
(Starbucks veranda blend has been my favorite k-cup lately)
Have a wonderful day!