1. It’s been 3 days since an EF-5 tornado struck Moore, Oklahoma. My heart just hurts for everyone who was affected and especially those who lost loved ones. It’s just awful. They will need prayers and help not just this week but in the months to come, too.
Oklahoma Women Bloggers has a list of ways you can help. For local friends, a survivor of April 27, 2011 here will be collecting gift cards for victims on Saturday. Toomer’s for Tuscaloosa, established after April 27, 2011, is also setting up drop spot locations around Alabama for donations.
2. I decided to answer this week’s YLBC prompt in this post. My answer is short and simple, and I wasn’t sure how to turn it in to its own post. The question is “what staple foods stay stocked in your fridge?” Our fridge usually has Diet Mountain Dew (for me), Hershey’s syrup (I love chocolate milk), eggs, butter, baby red potatoes, drinks for M (gateraid, orange soda, Sun Drop, cream soda, or Capri Sun), baby carrots, and some type of fresh fruit. Pretty basic :).
3. I am SO looking forward to having Monday off and spending Memorial Day with my family!
4. I don’t remember ever having this many problems with my ears and allergies before. Now I just feel so sad for babies who are crying with earaches. I’m hitting the antihistamines hard this Spring.
5. I haven’t uploaded and edited the photos from making cheese straws yet, so that post will be coming next week instead of this week.
I guess this has turned into 5 Things Thursday. Have a great day! Please join me in continuing to pray for Oklahoma.